Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What's Your Motivation?

photo courtesy of www.blackart.co.za

So I'm sitting here trying to think of something witty or hopefully enlightening for the blog tonight and am unfortunately drawing a blank. I wouldn't necessarily call it writers block but more a lack of inspiration. It brought me to the question...What's your motivation?

I'd like to know what inspires you to write, sing, blog, read, compose or recite the sincerest and most beautiful form of poetry. We all have something within us that motivates us to get up. It promotes movement of our limbs to bring that "something" to life. I'm curious, and intrigued to see what you bring to the table.

5 comments:

Joanna said...

I think not wanting to keep my mouth shut about injustice is my inspiration! Of course, sometimes I just talk cuz I have something I want to say, but a big part of it is that I believe in fighting for what is right

Don said...

More times than not, it's just my attempt at capturing a certain emotion or occurrence in my life. There are times where a song or movie or quote inspires me as well.

Mostly it's birthed from some spiritual moment though.

Riss said...

@Joanna--I love that you use your blog to be so vocal about issues...i've become enlightened by alot on your blog

@Don--Often times when I do get a really nice sparkle of inspiration, I'm either not near my computer or otherwise entangled...(get your mind outta the gutter!)

Rich Fitzgerald said...

It's hard to say, inspiration seems to be harder to come by these days.

Nowadays, a lot of the things that would have moved me to write a couple of years ago don't even spark my interest enough now.

I really think I'm in a phase of trying to realize my true direction, so I'm at an impasse about a lot of subjects.

Riss said...

@Rich--I hear ya.' It's been hard for me lately. I even went back to find inspiration in old posts.