Tuesday, June 26, 2007

11 Down, 9 To Go!!


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!


Today, June 26th, marks the 11th year of my service to our nation. It's been an interesting ride and seems that it will continue. I've met a lot of great people, learned new things, and have seen things I never would have had the priviledge of seeing had it not been for Uncle Sam. Thank you's go out to every person that has had a positive impact on my life in the military. Thank you to all the family and friends who have supported me and continue to support me along my journey.


Please continue to pray for my brothers and sisters in arms as they sacrifice in far away places. No matter what you think of this war, please support the men and women who are over there in the line of fire. They do appreciate it.






(raising glass) Here's to many more successful years ahead (9 at least anyway!!!)










7 comments:

Mommy said...

Congratulations Sissy!! I am so proud of you, you're a special young woman. I knew that you would grow up to do some important things in your life. At the age of three you were a unique baby, singing Dennis Edward's, "Don't look any further" and using my brush as a microphone. God bless you and all the courageous young men and women who serve our country so proudly. I love you...

Riss said...

Thanks Mommy...time sure did fly!!! I rememember vividly the day I left when you left for work real quick so you wouldn't break down in front of me and when Rachel took me to the recruiter's office and me breaking down in the car in tears!!

As for that whole singing biz, pray that I can find a band that loves to play the music I love to sing, there ain't nothing like a live band!!!

Mommy said...

I pray that you'll get a chance to showcase your beautiful voice..Mommy wishes she could sing like you. I heard on Doug Banks this morning that the BET Awards were "tore up"......I did'nt watch them. Heard Kelly Rowlands was a hot mess!!

Riss said...

Yeah, I didn't watch them, i'm playing war games this week and working nights so I missed it. I heard I didn't miss anything though either

bellarella said...

I love your hair in that photo...can you wear your hair like that at my going-away luncheon!?? Congrats on your 11 years...that is a huge accomplishment...I will always miss you and I will always remember the fun we had at the FUN CRAZY CLINIC.... I wouldn't have survived with out you! Miss you already!

bellarella said...

What the heck is RODRIGO trying to say?? LOL!

Riss said...

lol...rodrigo is smoking crack...i emailed it to my friend for translation and basically, he wants me to look at some personalized t-shirts...

lame!!!