Thursday, August 16, 2007

Quick hits from the head

Since it's been a dog's leg since i've brain dumped...let me give you guys and gals a quick rundown of the things that have had me laughing, talking, or shaking my head like "what the freak??"

1. Real friends stab you in the front

Mike Vick's cronies have all jumped ship and agreed to cop pleas. Vick has until Friday (which is in like 40 tick-tocks) to decide on taking a deal or having it play out in court. I guess money can buy a lot of things, but maybe not the pleasure of being some dude's "Betty" in the pokey.



2. War Sucks

The suicide rate for the Army has gone up drastically. This has been the highest low-point in 26 years for my sister service. I guess that's what happens when you send young boys to do a job most men have a hard time doing. We should all pray for their families and the soldiers safe return. My heart goes out to them all.


3. Miami is 2-0...in games that don't count

That's right, my Fins are 2-0 in preseason. There are still tons of issues, especially on offense but I believe in Cam's vision. Hey, we can still say we have the only undefeated season in NFL history (72' Fins...look it up). Pathetic...yeah, I know.



4. Who Pissed off Mother Nature?



Between bridge collapses, mine cave-ins, hurricanes and earthquakes in Hawaii and heat that would make the devil wear capri's and a tank top, homegirl is real ticked off. Someone should set up a meeting and find out what the hell is going on. They say the end is near, this may be the prelude to the final chapters.


5. "They tried to make me go to rehab and I said...no, no, no"


Yeah, well I think she's saying yes now. Amy Winehouse (one of my faves) cancelled all shows in August for "health related issues." I hope she gets some help. It would be a shame to let all that talent go to waste. If you haven't copped the CD, go buy it. She can blow...er, bad choice of words...she can sangggggggg.


6. Mark Wahlberg is hot!


I saw the movie Shooter this past weekend. That man is a cool drink of water in Hell. The movie was O-K but I wouldn't go out and buy it or anything (it's on DVD). Basically, he's a sniper, rehired by the "government" after they played him years prior. There are a few twists and some message pushing from a "liberal" minded screenwriter. The coldest part of the movie was at the end...literally, the coldest part but it was a cool little scene. Danny Glover is in the movie along with a bunch of B rated actors. It'll keep you awake with all the explosions and bang bang stuff.


That's pretty much it for now. I'll be doing an analysis on the current state of affairs as far as how the presidential race is going in an upcoming blog. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Mommy said...

Hello Sissy..Mike should have fessed up in the beginning and took his medicine like a big boy. He was wrong but I think all the outrage is a bit much. Where is the outcry over those children being executed in New Jersey or far more tragic news in this country. Wow, our society sucks big time. As for the Phins, I'm going out on a limb and give them a winning season and a playoff bid. Hey, I'm a diehard Dolfan and have been for 36 years. I can't give up on them no matter how tough things get and they have been tough for a few years...Luv Ya

Riss said...

People would be foolish to believe that Vick didn't know about the barkbowls but I agree that the media coverage and hoopla over this is a tad bit ridiculous when like you said, children were executed and it only got mild coverage...

As for the Fins, it's like an abusive relationship with the team and eye, it's like they're the husband beating me in the eye and then constantly apologizing for it as I forgive...it's dysfunctional really...

but I still have hope that things are going to get better, and there are two words to confirm that...

TEDD GINN!

Riss said...

I meant the team and I...sorry, it's late!

Anonymous said...

FROM WEASIE:

Rissa, I love me some Mark Wahlberg. I will drop my drawls for that white boy!. I saw, the movie, Shooter, when it first came out. I agree, it's not his best performance, but I don't care. I just love watching him.