Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Resolutions

Admit it. You made up a few New Year's resolutions to follow in 08.' Well, I resolved not to make any empty promises to myself. Instead I'm going to try to be a better person and better myself - one day at a time! See, this way if I fail then tomorrow is the first day of the beginning. This way, I won't feel any pressure to keep it moving for, gasp, 365 whole days or more.

Thoughts become action, actions become habit, habit becomes character. So you see, it all starts with a thought. Think that thought everyday and soon it will become apart of you. That doesn't seem so arduous does it? : )

The site got a little makeover. Hope you like it. It's a New Year and wonderful things are on the horizon. Each day given is hope for the better. Thank God for that.

Good luck with all that you set out to do to make yourself "Great in 0-8."

Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Weasie

HAPPY NEW YEAR RISSA CAT!

I love the new 2008 look of your Blog! Go girl!

I'm like you, when it comes to making new year resolutions. I DON'T MAKE THEM. My main one for the past 24 years is to cut back on the calories and exercise more. I am not putting the pressure on me, but on a daily basis be more aware of what goes in my mouth. That doesn't mean the non-calorie item. LOL! Try and walk at least 30 minutes a day. I just want to be more in tune with myself and make someone smile by a stupid comment that I make or just being myself, I usually can get a smile from someone.

Love you!

Riss said...

Like I said, it all starts with a thought. It's simple really in concept but it produces unimaginable fortunes when you think it everyday. The rewards far exceed the energy it takes to form one complete idea for yourself...

Good luck with your "awareness." You'll make the change necessary, I know it.

'Preciate the kudos on the blog, New Year, new look! : )

Anonymous said...

Rissa Cat,

Kool look! I am not a resolution maker. I focus on emitting positive energy each & every day.

I agree with you that it all starts with a thought. I recommend writing that thought down & looking at it everyday. It will become your focus.

One of my most challenging thoughts is acquiring my degree. I think about it everyday - reminded of it everytime I open one of these books. Ultimately, all this energy toward this goal will become a reward.

Thanks Rissa Cat for your positive outlook. I hope you are able to make it back to the Lone Star this year - permanently.

Riss said...

Thanks for the Kudos! I have to take my own advice and focus my attention to getting the things that I want...the thought of getting back to the Lone Star state has taken up real estate in my mind on a permanent basis...

And I commend you for furthering your education. It's tough to balance all of that, family and work...I know you'll make it! :)