Thursday, April 5, 2012

Back In The Saddle




That's right...I'M BAAAACK in the saddle again! According to my last post it's been almost 2 years since I last blogged here. A ton has changed - some for good, some for not so good - but life overall has been great. I've had many people ask when/if I was going to blog again and I kept saying I would be back. I'd like to think that I'm a woman of my word, so I'm here! In this time away, I've had a lot to think about, a lot of perspective to gain. I've learned that you can't live life only looking out the rear view mirror. Sure you have to know where you've come from and what's behind you, but you have a windshield to look out of in front of you. That probably isn't the best analogy but I digress.

Some of the major things that have happened since the last post are as follows:

- I got promoted to E-7 which has been a goal of mine in the Air Force

- I was selected to get stationed overseas (more to come on that later...)

- I finished another degree pertaining to my Air Force gig

- I took guitar lessons finally, albeit for a brief period

- I met a Tuskegee Airman, Mr. Ezra Hill

- I got another tattoo

- I went camping for the first time

I'll elaborate on the aforementioned accomplishments in future posts. I must say that I've missed coming here to dwell, reflect, question, inspire, create reason for laughter and drop knowledge that may be new to you. I hope our journey continues without another long hiatus. Here's to finding ourselves again!

No comments: