Monday, July 23, 2007

Long Time...no blog from

Yeah, I know it's been a minute...I've been ridiculously busy at work these past few weeks. A few things have happened since we last spoke...

1. A Personal Ad that you will never see:










"Successful pro athlete seeks dog lover" - signed, Michael Vick

Apparently, Newport News' finest has been running, funding, housing, and/or blindly turning the other cheek to an illegal underground dogfighting ring here in the seven cities. The NFL commissioner is having nunna that, suspending him from training camp. Mr. Goodell even offered up a statement (and i'm paraphrasing) about the slinger's sit'chuation:

"Whether he did it or not, we ain't having nunna those shenanigans affiliated with our lovely sport. He might be guilty, he might not, but whateva' the case, we ain't having no parts of that"

Do I think he's guilty? Well that depends on your definition of "guilt." If he funded it, knew about it and/or turned the other cheek then, yes. If he just has shady friends who thought they'd have a little side hustle on his property at his expense without him knowing, then yes and no. Yes he's guilty for having lame friends but no if he didn't know about it. We all know what the deal is though...

PETA (persucutioners...er, people for the ethical treatment of animals) have pretty much taken Nike's cojones and put them in their purse over this whole deal. Nike has stopped the production of Vick's upcoming shoe for his line. Al Sharpton and Russell Simmons have spoken out against Vick's alleged side hustle. I say let it play out in court before you go messing with the man's dough. He may indeed turn out to be a "dirty bird," but let the judicial system do what it does - prove guilt.
2. MySpace is the devil

The popular site found 29,000 profiles for noted sex offenders. My advice, don't let your kids near that site! Like all powerful things, some can be used for good which was this site's intention but like all things man can get it's hand on, it's turned bad. If you got teens, 'tweens and even computer savvy seven year olds, you may want to talk to them and educate. Don't talk to strangers is advice that never gets old.

3. Celebrity drunkardness is getting out of control






Lindsay Lohan got arrested on a DUI. It's all fun and games in Hollyweird (word compliments of Bossip) until one of these so called "celebrities" kills someone. I really hope in these cases that art never imitates life.

4. Buy This Album!


If you like Jamiroquai, Gavin Degraw, Simply Red with a touch of my baby-daddy John Mayer then you will love James Morrison. He's a brit with a soulful voice ala Elliott Yamin (American Idol). I am loving the renaissance of singer/songwriters as of late. You'll listen to this CD quite a bit. It's emotional and beautiful. I'll elaborate more on my next post.




5. Happy Berf-day To Me!









Yes, yes it's that time again. Time to celebrate one of the greatest days in our nation's history-the day of my birth which is this Saturday, July 28th. Personal checks in any amount are accepted.


Ladies...full frontal nudity of Shemar Moore "frolicking" on an alleged "nude gay beach" on http://perezhilton.com/?p=1843. He denies anything about him knowing it's a gay beach or him being gay. He says he was there with two "girlfriends" who were cut out of the picture. You mi-ght not want to click on the site at work but let's just say he's mildly impressive :)


I went to the store today and just like some other days, someone thanked me for what I do for our country. I thanked them on behalf of the brave men and women who are in harm's way right now. I am proud to represent them and even prouder to take care of them medically, to support them when they get home and when duty calls, to fight by their side. Continue your prayers. God listens.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT'S FROM WEASIEYMJ,

My intake on Mike Vick's situation; I'm not an animal lover, our and only family dog, Sounder, would agree, if he was still living. If you can get arrested over neglecting the well health of your family pet, my family will be in jail now. Poor Sounder got ran over numerous times and wasn't properly cared for and finally died with worms or some ailment that could’ve been prevented, if he had the proper care from a veterinary. My opinion on Mike Vick's dilemma is "Why are we focusing on an illegal dog fighting and the killing of DOGS and we having dilemmas in our country and in other countries. We are still at war in Iraq; the killing of millions of people in Darfur; and our black people dying of Aids. Please don't take me wrong, because I don't believe in killing animals, but I feel we can put our focus on other issues, besides Mike Vick’s issue. Mike Vick will repent for any involvement he had in this case. The America people can be so influenced by the media that we need to stop buying their crap and do our own research on issues and be our own voice. I used to watch Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood, but I see myself now with the maturity of age. Not watching those types of shows anymore. I don’t want to dwell on other people’s misfortunate’s to satisfy a craving of seeing someone fall. I want to uplift people’s spirit and tell them, you made a mistake. Now, get up and brush yourself off and hold up your head and don’t be ashamed, but learn from this experience and don’t do it again. Brittany Spears and Lindsey Lohan need guidance and prayer, instead of their faces being plastered on those entertainment shows and magazines. Ask yourself how would you like a camera following your every move?

Riss said...

Yeah, the media will sensationalize everything...I don't watch those "tabloid" news shows either...if people paid half the attention to our nation's leaders and the decisions that they make, we might be able to produce a movement more profound and meaningful than anything in the history of this country's existence...

If I was ever famous, I would never live in Hollyweird, I wouldn't want that type of life, I feel for those kids, there probably aren't any "real" people surronding them...thank God for obscurity! :)

Anonymous said...

Chelle wants to know what happened to the assertion that one is innocent until proven guilty? I am not going to go there on the Michael Vick issue. However, Brittany Spears and Lindsey Lohan are children who were not told "HELL to the naw" by their parents. It is unfortunate, but persons in hollyweird live in a glass bowl.